In areas near the coastline, salty sea sprays form and are driven by the wind. These cases involve a high risk of corrosion, particularly in the 100 metres closest to the sea.
Lartet designs and manufactures numeric and text displays that are specially designed for installation in highly-saline environments (port terminals, open areas in ports, sea platforms), manufactured with a watertight stainless steel structure.
Needs to be fulfilled by displays in highly-saline environments
Data displays in marine environments have the following needs:
- resistance to environmental corrosion;
- long service life;
- device reliability.
A display located in a marine environment must have the following characteristics:
- structure built with corrosion-resistant materials, such as AISI 316 stainless steel;
- high level of protection to safeguard the electronic devices housed inside;
- possibility of outdoor location (IP54, IP65).
Numeric and text displays
The Lartet displays fulfil the strictest requirements for this type of environment. The most relevant characteristics are described below:
- high visibility; digit height from 30 mm to 100 mm, guaranteeing complete readability from up to 50 m;
- digits on 1 or 2 faces, making it possible to place a minimum number of displays with maximum efficacy;
- large information display capacity; displays of up to 8 lines with a maximum number of 26 characters on each.
- immediate integration with any IT system thanks to multiple network connection options (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, RS-485 and Profibus); adaptability to special protocols;
- chained messages with time and date variables or with user-defined variables; special effects (negative/flashing).